Saturday, February 11, 2012

I'm Back

It's been kind of a weird year for me. Well, I guess year and a half! My mom and dad got divorced and so I didn't feel like doing the blog thing anymore. I didn't want to write, but I kept cooking and playing baseball, basketball, and hockey. I won the coaches' award from my swim team last summer. They said it was because I had a good attitude and motivated the team. It was a little bit embarrassing especially since my mom cried. She always tells me how proud she is of how well I'm handling things. I guess. I think that when stuff like this happens, you do one of two things...stop or keep going. I picked the keep going option. 


My older sister went to college. I miss her a lot although I don't really tell her that. My mom and my other 3 siblings and I moved in with my grandparents. We call them Mimi and Papa. I like being around my Papa. He's kind of strict but I know he loves me. And he likes to cook, too. He's a scientist and tells me that cooking is chemistry. 


When my mom asked me if I wanted to come back and finish my cookbook and get it published, I realized that I put a lot of work into this before and I had a lot of fun doing it. So I said yes. I want to do it! 


So I'm back. I think I have enough recipes for another book, but I'll just focus on getting one book done at a time...in between my basketball playoffs, my hockey games, and my baseball practices. What can I say? Sports R Me!!






No comments: